Moong Dal Halva
1 cup moong dal
3/4 cup sugar
1 cup butter/ghee
1/4 tsp cardamom powder
dry fruits almonds,cashews, raisins
3 cups water
1) Wash and soak the moong dal in water for about 4 hours
2) Drain the water and then in a grinder add the moong dal and just enough water to make thick paste. Do not add too much of water.
3) On a medium flame in a pan boil water and sugar for about 5 mins, then add cardamom powder and remove from the heat and keep it aside.
4) In a non stick pan add ghee and the moong dal paste on medium heat, and stir continuously.
5) Keep stirring till it becomes light brown in color and sweet aroma is emitted.
6) Now add the sugar syrup to the this moong dal paste and stir for about 5 mins and then turn of the heat.
7) Garnish with sliced almonds and serve warm.