I made this egg biryani last Saturday for dinner and it came out really well. Below is my recipe for egg biryani. You can serve this with raita.
2 cups basmati rice
1 big onion (1/2 chopped finely and 1/2 sliced thinly)
4 1"cinnamon sticks
2 bay leaves
1 big ilaichi
2 tsps cumin seeds
2 dry red chillies
2 tsp chilli powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
2 tsp ginger garlic paste
1 tsp garam masala
1 tsp biryani masala
6 cups water
6 tbsps oil
salt to taste
Servings: 2 persons
1) Soak rice in water in 1 cup water for 15 mins
2) Boil eggs and once they are done cut them into two halves and keep them aside.
3) In a pressure cooker add 2 tbsps of oil, bay leaves, cinnamon sticks , cloves, cardamoms,salt as per taste, red chillies, big ilachi and cumin seeds along with turmeric powder and fry them for a while.
4) Now add rice and about 2 cups of water and let it cook for 2 whistles.
5) In another skillet fry the sliced onions with about 2 tbsp oil till they become brown and crispy.
6) After frying onions remove them and keep them aside
7) In the same skillet add remaining oil on medium heat and once the oil becomes hot add the chopped onions and fry them till they turn translucent.
8) Now add ginger garlic paste, chilli powder, biryani masala, chilli powder and stir well.
9) Add the chopped tomatoes, salt and stir so that the masala gets evenly applied to the tomatoes.
10) Cook till the tomatoes become soft.
11) Add the boiled eggs and stir till they get covered with masala.
12) Add the above masala mixture with eggs to the half cooked rice in the pressure cooker and carefully stir so as not to break the rice grains.
13) Add 2 cups of water to the pressure cooker and cook for another 2 whistles.
14) Now the rice is ready garnish with the fired onions and serve it with some curry or salad or raita.